I’m back from exams! I didn’t stop eating during exams so I have quite a few posts backed up. First up is Finch’s, a little breakfast and lunch spot right next to MacLeod’s Books on West Pender. Its known for its beautiful (and very instagrammable, #foodporn) sandwiches.
What we ate
Blue Brie with Prosciutto
- The blue brie had a rich creaminess (from the fact that its brie) but also provided a pungent sharpness (from the blue!)
- The prosciutto was salty and chewy and complimented the cheese and bread
Pear, Blue Brie, Prosciutto, roasted Walnuts, oil & vinegar
- One of the star sandwiches served here, I see it pop up on social media all the time!
- Similar to the last sandwich the brie and prosciutto were delicious
- The addition of the walnuts and pears added a great crunch
- The pears would have added a good amount of sweetness to complete the sandwich, but mine weren’t ripe :(
The sandwiches at Finch’s are definitely beautiful and worth trying. I found the bread to be a bit chewy but that’s okay considering its baguette – I wish it were warmed up! The line ups at lunch time get extremely long and there’s limited seating so get there early or take it to go!