On our way back from Downtown one of my friends dropped me off at 4th and Burrard so I could take the bus back to UBC. It was around 12:30 pm so I figured I’d walk down the street and find something for lunch. I ended up at Noodle Box because I have some friends that rave about it and will go out of their way to go and because it seems to be a popular instagram #foodporn spot for UBC students living in Kitsilano.
What I ate
Spicy Peanut Noodle Box
- You chose your level of spice as well as a protein (I went medium, chicken)
- “Rich and creamy Indonesian peanut sauce mixed with ribbon noodles, Asian greens, and even more roasted peanuts”
- The vegetables were broccoli, peppers, cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, and cilantro
- I was not a fan of the uncooked (or hardly cooked) vegetables in the noodles!
- Sauce was a good balance of rich nuttiness and heat though
- At $13 for a bowl of noodles its very pricey, when you consider more authentic alternatives in Vancouver
Not bad for what it is – southeast asian inspired noodles. However in Vancouver, a town dominated by authentic Asian cuisines, I believe there are better options for better prices. I was thinking that a restaurant like this would be successful in Victoria, I later looked it up and thats where it was from!