With summer coming to an end I’ve been making a point to going to some of my old summer favourites. Viet Sub has been my #1 spot for banh mi since I first tried them! I was picking something up from my tailor downtown and then meeting friends to go to a concert so I grabbed a sandwich while I waited.
What I ate
- Vietnamese ham, cold cuts, and meat balls topped with pickled carrot and daikon, stuffed into a super crispy baguette
- The meats are perfect and the pickled vegetables add flavours that you don’t get in most sandwiches
- Bread is always super fresh and crispy, it gets kind of messy with all the crumbs!
- This sandwich is a steal at under $5
- They have a sauce, it’s probably just siracha-mayo, in a siracha bottle on the counters inside. Goes perfectly on the sandwich! Everyone should try it
- Best viet sub in the city and a total steal at $5, especially on Robson street!