I first heard about R&H Chinese Food on Lindsay Anderson’s 365 Days of Dining and then noticed it was also discovered by several users on Yelp, all of the posts promising high quality Chinese food. A definite surprise for a food court! I’ve been to the Landsdowne food court many times since it has opened and have never really given it a second thought. One day I was studying at the Richmond Public Library and decided to head over to R&H to finally try it. I’m glad I did!
What I ate
Xiao Long Bao
- Steamed shanghai soup dumplings
- Extremely good for a food court! Very good for a restaurant!
- Made fresh to order, so it will take around 10 minutes
Braised Beef Sandwich
- Steamed bum, which is then fried to crisp up, filled with braised cumin beef
- The bun is a little bit greasy, but not in an off putting way
- Beef was tender and flavourful
- Super high quality food for a food court. Service takes a bit longer because everything is made to order.
- Takes all cards! Something rare in Richmond
- Many people over look this place, but I definitely suggest giving it a try!