This weekend I was at my first Dietitians of Canada national conference in Victoria, BC. The food scene in Victoria is super cool with a bunch of restaurants that focus on local ingredients and chefs that are truly dedicated to their craft. I was excited to go out to eat but almost all of the meals were covered! I curse you, Dieitians of Canada. But really thank you for hosting an amazing conference full of ton of good food at the receptions, between lectures, and to all of the sponsors at the expo!
My family from Victoria knows about my love for BBQ and made sure I knew about Pig before I came to town. During my one free lunch I walked across downtown to find the small joint.
What I ate
- Amazing bun, very smokey sauce, and a lot of brisket
- I found some of the brisket dry but the moist parts were perfect
- Would have liked some veges on the sandwich (slaw, probably)
Deep Fried Mac and Cheese
- Very crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside
- The textures were spot on
- Needed more cheese!
- Sweet tea, but only lightly sweetened (which I think I preferred)
- Large glass and exactly what you should be paying for an iced tea in a restaurant, $1.50!
- Solid BBQ joint right in downtown Victoria
- Check out their specials! Their special while I was there was a pulled pork benny, and it looked amazing (and was only $12!)