I’m done finals! I haven’t blogged for over a month since I was so busy finishing up the school year. But that didn’t stop me from eating!
One day after a (particularly brutal) final I went downtown to get new work shoes for the summer. I wanted to eat something quick and easy. Five Guys hadn’t opened yet, so I decided to try another new comer to the downtown Vancouver fast food scene. Chipotle! Last summer after one of the cooks I worked with went to Vegas he came back absolutely obsessed with Chipotle, burrito bowls in particular, so I knew I had to try it.
What I ate
Carnintas burrito bowl
- Carnitas (think Mexican pulled pork), cilantro-lime rice, black beans, corn salsa, 2 types of tomato salsa (mild and medium), sour cream, cheese, guacamole (extra charge for the guac)
- This was massive! At first it didn’t look too big but as the guy started piling everything up it became really substantial
- All of the ingredients were very fresh, it’s something Chipotle takes pride in
- For fast food the quality was really good!
- Its still fast food though, don’t go looking up the calorie info on this (hint: there were a lot)
- Welcome addition to the fast food scene in Vancouver
- Compared to other fast food, very fresh ingredients
- Kind of expensive, especially for fast food